Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Try it on Tuesday - Black & White + one Colour

 Good Morning all! It's been a while since I was on, but I am back and ready to create! 

Today at Try it on Tuesday


we have a new challenge up for the next couple weeks... 

Black & White + 1 colour.... one of my favourite challenges!!

It's been a hectic couple of months and I just HAD to do some art journaling for me. 

I started off by writing down some of my thoughts and feelings on a white journal page, I wrote across the page, then turned it to write down the page.. asemic writing. I often do this as my first layer of an art journal, no one knows what I wrote, but I know what's there and that is the most important thing to me in art journaling. 


Next, I added some black acrylic paint through a stencil using a sponge ... 




Finally, I added a red heart using TCW Stencil Butter through a stencil, added some red splatters, a border and a word.



It was so therapeutic to art journal again! I do hope you will join us for this awesome challenge.. and be sure to check out what my team mates have done as well!

Have a fantastic week!

((HUGS))

Helen




20 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you back Helen.This page is great. I like how you stenciled the plaid and you can see the writing underneath. Hope to see some snarky art soon too. Have a great week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, it's so lovely to see your art again and like you, I find art very therapeutic too 😁. Your page is gorgeous, all the layers look so amazing and I love your writing showing through the stenciling with that red heart - perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Helen! I like to write on my pages and gesso over the top - I know what's there and it gets it out in the open (well, sort of!) I love this bold page! I hope that Art Journaling continues to be a useful therapy for you. Big Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Helen and lovely to have you back on the team


    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic page Helen , I loved how you layered your thoughts on the page to begin with and the way you added the main detail of the page. Its lovely to see you creating again and back with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, really striking page with that stenciled plaid and red heart, love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen, it's great to have you back at TioT and I love your idea of building the background to this bold statement piece. Art id definitely good for the soul.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card- and great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks brilliant - I always like red, and black and white. I do miss you at SoSS, Jo x

    ReplyDelete