Tuesday, April 14, 2020

TioT - Have Fun with Stencils!

Good morning all! I do hope everyone and your families are safe! 

Today, we have a new challenge up at Try it on Tuesday … Have Fun with Stencils! 

I do love my stencils and just loved this fun challenge!

I decided to do a tag for this challenge layering my stencils and getting messy!
The first thing I did was to smoosh around some distress paints on my stencil to make a messy background! The tag was first prepared using white gesso over the whole thing. 



I then placed a stencil over this and used a baby wipe to remove the color underneath.



 I then sponged some color in random areas using a circle stencil.


Next, I used black archival ink to ink through some numbers on an alphabet stencil. I used a black marked to doodle around some of the circles, and flicked some white ink over the entire tag. 



Lastly... I added my chipboard doll, some thread, a quote and a ribbon!
Voila! Done!


I do hope you will join myself and the amazing DT at Try it on Tuesday to do this fun challenge!

((HUGS))

Helen




12 comments:

  1. Its a fabulous stencil background for your tag Helen, the stencil layers and colours look great
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this tag Helen. I've been on a tag binge lately and I am always looking for ideas. I forgot about wiping away paint through a stencil. You end result is brilliant. Hope you are well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous stencilled tag - love those zingy colours - I think I need to move away from the blues! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous tag! I love how you got messy and layered all those stencils, such fun 😁. Wishing you a happy new week and keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, love the colours, so bright and cheerful. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous tag, and that black bow really showcases the art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bold colours in your stencilled background, perfect with the sweet image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab tag and some great techniques

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I love how this came out. Cool details and love the girl! She reall underscores the words. Super well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have created a very beautiful tag. A lovely background and fantastic bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of messy fun to do, and you ended up with such a great tag - fresh and pretty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete