Sunday, April 03, 2022

Art Journal Journey - Play it Again Sam

 Happy Sunday .. again! This month at Art Journal Journey, 

Alison is hosting for the month of April with a challenge of 

"Play it Again Sam"

We have to do an art journal page based on a favoutie song.


I have had a tough couple months and just need some Silence in my life, so the song I chose was Sound of Silence. I love this one when I am needed some quality me time... so here is my art journal spread for the challenge. 


I embossed the trees with black embossing powder, added some distress ink to the top with purple, blue and black. I then painted a black area under the trees to do some journaling on of the song lyrics! 

I do hope you are all doing well, and Happy Sunday!

((HUGS))

Helen



13 comments:

  1. Wow Helen, this is just amazing. I could use that silence today myself. I love the trees and the sky and how you wrote in the lyrics. Beautiful job. Hope you find enough silence this month. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. Definitely echoes the sounds of silence. Love that song too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing way to show artwork for that beautiful Simon and Garfunkel song. Sometimes we all need a bit of that, and your page reflects both the silence and the beauty it entails. Love the embossing! Thanks so much for sharing this with us using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen this is a fabulous journal page, the scene creates a wonderful feeling of peace and calm. Thank you for linking to Alison's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful song Helen, and you created a beautiful page!
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen ~ this is so stunning and creative and I too love the song Songs of Silence ~ Hope you are feeling better now ~ lots of distant reiki healing energy hugs to you ~ Xo


    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I love Simon and Garfunkel and this song is a definite fav of mine! LOVE how you depicted it here - your page is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete