Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Vintage Journey - February challenge


At A Vintage Journey this month the gals have an amazing challenge...

Welcome to a our new challenge for February 2016. Our challenge this month is :

INDUSTRIAL

"Use your foil tape, metallic card stock along with your Texture Fades/Embossing Folders to create an industrial creation all your own.

Whether it's a background or bloom or metal embellishments; don't limit your paint colour to black..... industrial can look great in all colours!
 
The Creative Guides have created a wide array of industrial projects to inspire you on your journey.
 
You really need to check out this Tim inspired blog! Some amazing talent there for sure!
 
I did another art journal type page for my Tim Holtz art journal!
 
 
As today is Valentine's Day, I made this to honour my dear husband!
 
I first used TH tissue, and painted over it with black soot and peacock feathers distress paint. I used some foil tape and ran it through my bigshot using TH honeycomb embossing folder. I then found a piece of silver plain cardstock and ran that through my bigshot using a new die set I got, TH thinlits. added some molding paste using TH stencils, added a photo from TH found relatives cards, added a couple tickets, a couple little words, edged the page in black soot distress paint.. and voila! Done!
 
Oh.. and a little side note.... I was one of January's pinworthies too! 
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!  Check it out here.
 
Have a fantastic Valentines Day!
 
{{HUGS}}

Helen

1 comment:

  1. Love the bluesy look and the stencilled textured lettering is fab. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete