Tuesday, October 08, 2019

BEWARE!!

Hi everyone! What a great day to do some art! It is rainy and cold outside!
 So I made a cup of tea, and created!

I made this 4" x 6" spread for a couple of fantastic challenge blogs that I follow...


Sunday Postcard Art - The Moon  (Top 3 pick - Sampler)






I first layered some word paper down, added some gel medium over top! Then out came the Distress Inks (faded jeans, blue saphhire, and black soot) to get an inky messy background!
I then stenciled over top here and there using a web stencil and inks. I cut out the cityscape silhouette from the computer and painted gold on all the windows. I then cut out a moon shape, painted this gold and blended some red and black PITT pens around to smudge it. I added a few splatters of gold and black as well! I stamped out these bats, cut them out and stuck them down! Then added the title!  What a fun project and what a fun messy time I had!

Thanks for taking a peek!

((HUGS

Helen

12 comments:

  1. A fabulous card, I love the cityscape silhouette.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great Hallowe’en card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful project Helen, love the way those bats look against that glowing moon!
    The cityscape die lends a wonderful contrast to it all. Great Halloween card, thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen x It's great to have you hop on board with us at A Vintage Journey Inky Wings chalenge blog with your fabulous Halloween card x Love the background and cityscape and of course the bats x
    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie! It was a fun challenge!

      Delete
  5. Fantastically spooky card. I love this art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful night sky over your cityscape and the bats are great, especially the one silhouetted against the moon. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete