Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Try It On Tuesday - Guest Designer

Hello everyone! Today at Try It On Tuesday I have been honoured to be a guest designer for today's challenge! I am thrilled!

Today the challenge is "Cold, Cold, Cold".

 What better way to show this than to make a tag for the holidays! My sons are older now, and they love the tags I make for their gifts almost better than the gifts themselves. So today, I am going to show you a simple tag I made for today's challenge! It definitely is "Cold, Cold, Cold" outside!

Step 1: I used some Tim Holtz papers, a Tim Holtz paper doll, and a tag




Step 2: I tore the checkered papers into about 1" strips, and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



Step 3: I then layered these strips to the bottom of the tag. I had covered the tag with the paper with the houses on it first of course! I colored in the paper dolls and added these to the bottom layers as shown.



Step 4:  I used some liquid pears in White Opal on the snowflake dots on the bottom layer to make them stand out a bit more and sparkle.



Step 5 - I added a couple metal tags and some red ribbon I had.



And voila .. completed!


I hope you join us over at Try it on Tuesday this week! And thanks for stopping by!

((HUGS))

Helen




22 comments:

  1. What a a lovely little scene and how great to have you as our Guest Designer! These two certainly look well prepared for your cold weather! We have had several frosts and parts of UK have had snow on high ground! Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! We have had out first heavy snowfall here in Southern Ontario! Going to be a long winter!

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen. So glad you are our guest designer this month. Love the tag. and it is really nice to meet you! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is so beautiful, love it.
    I'm so glad that you are our guest designer at TIOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Helen. It also looks like a good idea for wrapping paper - not quite as expensive as designer papers ;-) Good to know that your boys love their tags...mine don't ever say a word when I insist on hand making cards and tags...h'mm! Maybe that says more about my art than it does about them ;-)
    So pleased your joined us for this challenge.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful tag! The TH papers and metal tags looks amazing and I love the snow effect that you created with the Liquid Pearls - stunning 😁. Thanks so much for the inspiration and joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday! Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great tag Helen, the paper dolls look so sweet against the snowy scene.
    Great to have you join us as our Guest Designer for this challenge.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading about your inspiration piece and how you put it together, Its beautiful and so well thought out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely winter scene and tag. thank you for being our Guest Designer for this theme at TioT's
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful take on the TioT theme Helen, I adore the papers you chose. Those winter babes look nice and snug in their coats, all set for Winter.. Congrats on you GD spot over at TioT, so glad I got chance to pop on over and take a closer peep.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. darling images and I love the patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete