Saturday, July 14, 2018

Make It Mixed Media Challenge

Good Morning all! Hope you are all creative this beautiful summer weekend! Over at Mixed Up Mag, they have a July challenge that I thought I would tackle!!  Recycle! Check it out here...

For this challenge I used a recycled computer disc thingy, and a bunch of odd bits of stuff from my son's stash! He decided ages ago to clean out his room (he's 23), and gave me a bag of his stuff from when he was a little guy! So, I am using his recycled treasures for this as well!


I used gel gloss to adhere all the bits to the board, black gesso over it all, and then some shimmery paints and waxes to colorize it! He was thrilled when he saw this this morning. He couldn't believe I had saved all those things! Here's a few photos of the finished piece!




Thanks for taking a peek!

((HUGS))

Helen









1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous, I really like how you've used all those bits from your son's stash, it makes the piece very unique as well as very personal :) The colour accents are perfect! I think I've got some salvaged computer boards around the place, and feel inspired to go look for them now ;D

    ReplyDelete