Sunday, August 13, 2017

ITAC 2017

Hi all! This month there is an amazing group of artists who have brought their talents together to inspire us in a month long challenge at International Tournament of Art & Craft. If you haven't checked out this, you really must! The talent is inspirational to say the least!


The first challenge is to do an art piece based on "Europe". 

I did an art journal canvas or sorts....


I( had to use the following:  a face, papers, letters/numbers, blue, ribbon, textures, something vintage and modern. I did this and had a blast creating this past couple days!


The first thing I did, was to use a page out of a coloring book I had been given about cities! |I used the Piccadilly Square paper... how much more European can you get! When I lived in England for a year, Piccadilly Square was my favorite place in London! It is so vibrant, lively and the best place in the world for people watching!


Then I added some papers and a photo from a magazine I found in my Mother's stash. It is the magazine "Band of Hope Review" and was published in 1887! I think that counts for the vintage part of the challenge... don't you? Then I watercolored around the page, added some molding paste, ribbons, metal, and such... and voila! 


A few close-ups.....




What an amazing challenge! I can't wait to see what next week brings!


Thanks for taking a peek!

((HUGS))

Helen



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and stunning artwork Helen! Thanks for sharing the process. I love all of the texture and media you used. Love your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helen, this is beautiful! I'd love to watch you work & create art with you someday!

    ReplyDelete